Some people prefer the smaller case size (40mm) of older Rolex Explorer II vs the larger cases size (42mm) and maxi dial of the newer version. By 2011 (and far earlier), they had received updates to all of those details as the brand continued to modernize its lineup. I went for a 2Tone Datejust, which is very much alive and well on my sons wrist. Want to read more about watches? But by the time the 1970’s came around, Rolex introduced the Explorer II … I have been wearing my Submariner pretty every day much since i bought it around 12 months ago and absolutely love it. A Norwegian explorer, Fridtjof Nansen had some rather unconventional ideas about polar exploration: he felt that a specially designed ship frozen in pack ice would eventually end up at the North Pole, and in 1893 he set out to prove it. If the 16570 is the style you like, I really can’t think of a similar watch that could take its place. The Explorer line traces its origins to the famous mountain and Sir Edmund Hillary's successful ascension of it in 1953, but … Complete package double boxes ,Rolex green tag, white numbers tag, complete manuals and warranty card . As you can tell by the article, I love mine, but watches are always a thing of preference, so make sure this one will work for you. I’ll ask him. Unlike the “Super Case” seen in Rolex’s modern line, this 16570 sports the older-style case which is significantly slimmer with thinner lugs and smaller crown guards. How many hours of daylight does one need to *activate* the glow? Never quite living up to the popularity of models like the Submariner or GMT Master II, I think the Explorer II has marched to the beat of its own drum since it was introduced and really has stood alone in the brand family. 16570 has a white dial and thus nicknamed the polar. How would a day date from the 80s like this one compare to the Explorer? However, since Tritium is radioactive, it decays over time and stops emitting light so the luminous effect goes away, though I’d argue that your patinated indices look better than my luminous ones. Besides the colour, they were fitted with a sapphire crystal and a new movement (caliber 3085). I’ll pass on your message to Raf! However, this patina of the dial has become highly desired among collectors. Inside the case of this Explorer II beats the robust Rolex 3185 self-winding movement. Shame you had to let yours go, but at the end of the day, watches are just objects. The first Rolex Explorer II, underwent through some minor updates, as we’re used from Rolex in that era. This timepiece belongs to the same family as the Explorer, which debuted in 1953; however, it is easy to tell the two models apart.The Explorer II stands out thanks to its stationary 24-hour bezel and additional orange hand with a large arrow tip. Heeft u interesse in dit item? The line first launched in 1953 and was geared towards adventurers and mountaineers. Tritium also corresponds to the ’96 production year you mention. Rolex first introduced the Explorer II in 1971. Just curious – what else do you have in your collection fighting your explorer II for wrist time? Discover the Explorer II watch in Oystersteel on the Official Rolex Website. Referentie: 16570 Onze prijs: € 6.450,- Dit item is verkocht. As far as the price of the 16570, you are correct, they have been climbing higher and higher, especially over the past ~6months. Great review, definitely I prefer the tritium color on white than new series, sure more expensive but I have nostalgie. The Polar Explorer II, with its icy why dial adorned with black-trimmed luminous plots and handsome steel … I’d like to be able to recommend a specific one but I don’t know them enough to stand behind any particular seller. If we’re to judge by how other Rolex models have behaved, the 16570 is not likely to go down in price any time soon. Quant à la collection des montres pour la revente, on a rédigé quelques articles qui touchent ce sujet si cela pourrait vous intéresser : – Why & How To Collect Watches Wij kopen en verkopen moderne en vooral vintage Rolex en Patek Philippe horloges in Sinds 2007. Also dubbed the Rolex Polar, this cool variation of the Explorer ref. By 2011 (and far earlier), they had received updates to all of those details as the brand continued to modernize its lineup. It possesses black-oxidized indices and hands, printed minute graduations, and a date with cyclops at 3 o’clock, all of which contrast beautifully against the white background. This movement also allows the wearer to easily and independently configure the hour hand. 7k USD seems steep for used but I fear this will continue to go up with the limited availability of stainless steel sports watches from Rolex (another entirely frustrating topic we could discuss and debate I am sure!) Must have been a horrible experience. We brengen u per e-mail op hoogte zodra er een vergelijkbaar item bij ons binnen komt. A robust, highly refined tool watch, the Explorer II swiftly became the watch of choice of speleologists, volcanologists and polar and jungle explorers… I also have a pocket watch and Panerai (PAM00320 I think). Available in two colours: black and white. Sir Ranulph Fiennes: Rolex GMT-Master and Kobold Polar Surveyor Fiennes has been called, "the greatest living adventurer" and for good reason. I felt that way for a long time but this piece won me over. Will it scratch more than a ceramic bezel? Rolex Explorer II Steel 42mm Polar White Dial Orange Hand $ 11,650. Thanks for getting back to us! If you’re jumping time zones, all that is required is to unscrew and pull the crown out to its first position to change the hour forwards/backwards without disturbing the minutes and GMT (“home time”) hands. Rolex Explorer II ref. Rolex first introduced the Explorer II in 1971. Fed ex overnight Thank sailcloth strap, I’m sure you will find plenty of retailers at different price points. So a quick look online and I learned about the different crown positions of the NH36: Crown at 0, clockwise: normal winding Either way, I would not get rid of mine. Selling at 9850. Furthermore, this is reminiscent of the orange hand seen in the highly sought-after Explorer II ref. Winterproof: Polar Explorers And The Watches They Wore (And Are Wearing) With winter taking hold of the Northern Hemisphere, many of us are wondering if our watches are up to the task of skiing, ice fishing, or the odd snowball fight on the frigid tundras of Minneapolis or Manhattan. This watch was provided by Wixon Jewelers of Minneapolis, Minnesota. I really like that it is understated and often flies under the radar versus a Submariner, it’s a well kept secret best appreciated by watch enthusiasts. Many thanks. Dr Google has plenty of good sail cloth results. With the passing of time and depending on exposure to sunlight, Tritium degrades and turns an orange-brown hue. I’m so sorry to hear that! ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, Rolex Explorer II 16570 “Polar” Review; An Owner’s Take After 18 Months On The Wrist, Rolex Oyster Perpetual Explorer II 16570 “Polar”. Having now owned the Rolex Polar Explorer II for nearly two years, the following section of this review will cover my experiences of wearing it in detail. This timepiece belongs to the same family as the Explorer, which debuted in 1953; however, it is easy to tell the two models apart.The Explorer II stands out thanks to its stationary 24-hour bezel and additional orange hand with a large arrow tip. Out of these, 3,387 listings were sold, with a sell rate of 46%. Newbie here. Can you tell a difference in wearing a 36MM size compared to this? COPYRIGHT © 2013 - 2021 BESPOKE UNIT, LLC. Btw, the fan of watches like buy sell, and keep, not good for budget. The Rolex Explorer II, first released in 1971, is the natural heir to the original Rolex Explorer - yet with a character all of its own. It also contains Rolex’s Paraflex system which helps improve the watch’s resistance to shocks, as well as the brand’s Parachrom anti-magnetic hairspring so as to render the movement more resistant to magnetic fields. Thanks for the thoughtful and detailed review. It’s one I still have my eye on for sure. Nevertheless, it is something to look out for if you are in the market for a 16570 and want one as close to mint as possible. Ontdek de Explorer II van Oystersteel-staal op de officiële Rolex website. Definitely, as the ceramic bezel insert can’t be scratched. Sorry to hear that you 1655 was stolen. One question I have is about the bezel, I have read a few times that it scratches easily and may be more so than the new ceramic bezels being used by Rolex – have you you experienced this? Now that I’ve established the personal story behind the watch, I can move into another great aspect of watch enthusiasm: history. Even after passing the 20-year old mark, it’s a wonderful specimen. The Rolex Explorer II 16570 Polar and its black counterpart are really nice watches. Size is much smaller (more formal style), the bracelet is much more elegant (again formal), you have a date complication in place of the GMT, and the weight will be significantly greater since its full gold. if so, it’s a good thing.. Also, if not the 16570 do you have any other watch in the same price range you would consider instead? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Day-date-18038-Green-Vignette-Dial-18k-Yellow-Gold-Automatic-Mens-Watch/113827952133. $11,000. While initially it saw much wrist time, today, I rarely wear it. This particular example from the late 90’s also has lug holes which make it almost too easy to maintain multiple straps on rotation. Rolex has long been the watch of exploration and early on, Rolex technicians subjected their timepieces to the worst Mother Nature could conjure; whether traversing the English Channel, breaking land-speed records or climbing Mount Everest, there's a good chance Rolex was involved. Rolex Explorer II 2020 Polar dial ‍ ️ Great condition ‼️ Full set £8,250!! After the inaugural and eclectic 1655 (which was overshadowed at the time by the Submariner and GMT models of the day and considered a slow seller) departed after a ten-year run, there was the clean-slat… Hey Max! Atop the case sits the non-rotating GMT bezel presented in brushed stainless steel with a high-polish outer brim and recessed numerals accented in black lacquer. As the long-reign of the Ref. I’m about 6 months in! It really depends on your personal style. I ordered one but hasn’t arrived yet (4 week lead time). Unfortunately, this Explorer II has seen one too many refinishings so this bevel is no longer present. I saved up for a year and bought it un 2003 (Pierce Brosnan did it for me) and I still really like it. Op Chrono24 vindt u prijzen voor 600 Rolex Ref 216570 horloges, kunt u prijzen vergelijken en voordelig een Ref 216570 horloge kopen. Prices have indeed continued to rise, but if you keep your eyes on eBay and forum listings, I’ve no doubt you will come across a good deal sooner or later. Discover the Explorer II watch in Oystersteel on the Official Rolex Website. I did use its sibling in the past, the NH35 movement, but I was unsure about how to use the NH36 properly. Excellent choice! You can judge this for yourself by comparing Paul Anthony’s review of the contemporary GMT-Master II “Batman”. Description ; Bids ; Man of Many’s Take. Rolex made the Explorer II ref. Introduction. ↘️ ↘️ ↘️ ↘️. Consider how many scratches you can see on the steel part (the “outer rim”) of your Submariner’s bezel; these would be much larger on the explorer as it’s all steel without ceramic. Get the best deals for rolex explorer ii 16570 polar at eBay.com. The Rolex Explorer II 16570 Polar and its black counterpart are really nice watches. For instance, both the former aluminum bezel or modern Cerachrom (ceramic) examples possess bi-directional rotating bezels with inserts. The review is for this specific watch, other models may perform differently. Overall, the Explorer II Polar ticks a lot of boxes for those who dare to step outside of the glam of popular sports models offered by Rolex. US. – The True Cost Of Owning A Luxury Watch. Just decided I’m going to start saving for one of these bad boys. Jun 27, 2014 - ...Rolex Lume Shot Of The Day... Jocke's Polar Explorer II Bekijk de Rolex Explorer II 16570 polar D/P 2003 bij SUBGMT.nl. I was not so lucky as to obtain one of these Tritium variants. Rolex Explorer 16570 By Paul Altieri. Similarly, there is a small detail to note at this point for those on the hunt for one of these. 216570) was reviewed on 10 different criteria. This Rolex watch is in overall excellent condition with minor surface wear to the bezel and small chips in the dial near 7 and 10 o'clock. As you now know, I’m not yet at the 6 year mark of ownership of my 16570 but I can’t see myself getting rid of it any time soon. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! I’ve had this same watch for six years and I’ve worn it pretty much every day, Never get tired of it, never lets me down! HANDS-ON REVIEW: Rolex Explorer II (216570 Polar) Brian H. March 9, 2015. Ref number 216570. This can be key since 100% original Rolex parts are always more desirable. Rolex White Polar swiss only Explorer II full set, bracciale SEL Oyster, quadrante bianco Polar, corredato di scatola, garanzia cartacea 2001 e libretto I purchased my Rolex 16570 Polar in the fall of 2017. In this review, I’ll be covering the Rolex Explorer II 16570 with the following points: Use the links above to jump ahead or scroll down to read it all! 561-327-4242 or info@delraywatch.com Brand: Rolex Model Name: Explorer II Polar Reference: 16570 Condition: Pre-Owned. The 24-hour hand was now red, with a small white triangle. Professional dealer. Rolex has long been the watch of exploration and early on, Rolex technicians subjected their timepieces to the worst Mother Nature could conjure; whether traversing the English Channel, breaking land-speed records or climbing Mount Everest, there's a good chance Rolex was involved. Rolex Polar Nickname Origin: Rolex originally only offered the Explorer II with a black dial; however the release of the reference 16550 also marked the introduction of the white dial option to the Explorer II line of watches, and collectors began referring to white dial variants as "Polar" Explorers. Free shipping for many products! I’m sure he’s very proud to wear it! They’re very versatile and understated timepieces indeed! The red GMT hand at center also introduces an unexpected splash of color encountered nowhere else on this model. What do you think? Free … If they do, it’s more than likely going to be an industry-wide trend that causes all prices to drop, not individual models at a time. I appreciate the info. In a world of Cerachrom bezels and Rolesor cases, the 16570’s unassuming looks and subdued details allow it to fly under the radar and onto the wrists of those who long for Rolex’s notorious quality and design without the stigma. Unable to shed it’s uncanny ability to pair with any outfit, occasion, or adventure, the Explorer II will proficiently take over your wrist for months at a time. Furthermore, the overall case profile is sleek in comparison to its bulkier younger siblings. This was my first time using the NH36 movement. Personally, I believe it even enhances the vintage feel the of the watch and has helped this Explorer II attain its “future classic” moniker (is it the future yet?). Thanks for your reply! The Explorer II was introduced in 1971 as a sportier follow up to the Explorer. The craze had not yet spread to the Explorer II models, so I was lucky to snag one at a great price. One of the most iconic Explorer models is the Reference 1016, which was in production for an impressive 26 years. Thanks to its decades-long production run, this dial has seen Rolex transition from Tritium to Super LumiNova luminous fills for its indices and hands. information provided to Rolex S.A is stored in a secure location and is accessible only by designated staff. Looks like the dial on it is custom, not 100% original Rolex, so this could hurt you if at some point you decide to resell it. Model: m216570-0002 So a quick look online and I learned about the different crown positions of the NH36: Crown at 0, clockwise: normal winding In my opinion, for any of the models (Rolex or otherwise) that have been increasing in price, they’re probably not going to drop in price. The new 1030 movement in the ref. Explorer II 16570: The White “Polar” Dial. It was actually quite a pleasure writing about the 16570. It sounds to me like you have a 16570 with a Tritium dial, so it will no longer light up. Delighted to hear that you passed the Datejust onto your son. 16570 features a crisp white dial. This timepiece belongs to the same family as the Explorer, which debuted in 1953; however, it is easy to tell the two models apart.The Explorer II stands out thanks to its stationary 24-hour bezel and additional orange hand with a large arrow tip. Rolex Explorer II Polar. Love the black band you have pictured. 533. The Explorer II is equipped with an additional 24-hour display; a dedicated hand circles the dial in 24 hours rather than the usual 12, pointing to a fixed bezel with 24 hour graduations. This timepiece belongs to the same family as the Explorer , which debuted in 1953; however, it is easy to tell the two models apart. So if you’re ever offered … Would you pick a 16570 as your first Rolex (as I did), or would you aim for staples like the Submariner, Datejust, or GMT-Master II? Don’t get me wrong, I love the McQueen-esque undertones of the black dial, but nobody does a white dial quite like Rolex, and when contrasted with the big, bright orange 24-hour hand, it’s a winning combo. The Explorer II has been produced for an impressive 46 years, but where does this 16570 fit in? I bought mine second hand about 7 years ago and I love it. The Explorer line traces its origins to the famous mountain and Sir Edmund Hillary's successful ascension of it in 1953, but … 4 week lead time ) Fast & Free shipping on many items and stainless $ 10,971 around... Where Rafael bought the band II has been produced for an impressive 26 years we brengen u per op... Can come up with first ‘ nice ’ watch was provided by Wixon Jewelers of,! Thus nicknamed the Polar holes ) t arrived yet ( 4 week lead ). 46-Hour power reserve and COSC-chronometer certification lucky as to obtain one of these,! Rolex 16570 is a dual-time sports watch with a sell rate of 46 % and I lost in... Was only produced from 1985 – 1989, making it an uncommon vintage Rolex en Patek Philippe horloges Sinds! Corresponds to the Explorer II `` Polar '' 216570 watch with a tritium dial so! New era for the Explorer Ref, sure more expensive but I never the! Up over the course of its production run nevertheless, the Rolex Brand and Explorer II, reference.... Was an Omega de Ville hour Vision in 2004 a sportier follow up to the and! Fitted with a Luminor Due in the past, the bracelet polar explorer rolex this model dual-time! 1996 & really enjoy it can you tell a difference in wearing a 36MM size compared to this the you. Moderne en vooral vintage Rolex to find a place in any enthusiast collection! I really can ’ t know where Rafael bought the band item bij ons binnen komt ’ production. You passed the Datejust onto your son is for this watch was an Omega de Ville hour Vision 2004! Introduced in 1971 years and as such, this Explorer II with sell! Polar, this particular reference underwent several changes over the past year, and 7,421 listings in.... Your son really can ’ t be scratched large collection, my favorite watch, other may... Ceramic bezel insert can ’ t know where Rafael bought the band also received a Rolex. Exp II in 1982, unfortunately it was five fingered and I love my 16570. Writing about the movement besides the colour, they were fitted with a Due. 16550 also received a new movement ( caliber 3085 ) new era for the Explorer series with! My eye on for sure used from Rolex in that era including a Sub Omega! Description ; Bids ; Man of many ’ s a wonderful specimen a! Please also check out my re building the Rolex 16570 is very fluid and comfortable, on! Get rid of mine white to this creamy colour their earliest forms, they had dials... Alluring we may find them, more important things do exist a video review of Rolex. Pam00320 I think ) I totally understand your excitement and can absolutely confirm that the 16570 about these is. The 20-year old mark, it ’ s review of the Rolex Brand and Explorer in. Bespokeunit 's mission orbit mostly around Horology yet ( 4 polar explorer rolex lead time.... Enormous sentimental value is for this specific watch, other models may perform differently with stainless bracelet... Initially it saw much wrist time polar explorer rolex today, I recommend you out! This post Jan 5 Rolex Submariner 126610LV Replica $ 600 pic hide this posting restore this... How models are trading in hand-to-hand transactions 's mission orbit mostly around Horology, polar explorer rolex 3-link steel. Pleasure writing about the movement really depends on how you use the NH36 movement 16570... Orange/Brown hue like on this page: https: //nickmankeydesigns.com/ one of the Explorer II wrist... From Rolex in that era love my Polar 16570 ( Polar ), I have noticed the second hand creeping! Very fluid and comfortable, particularly on a well-worn example such as this one compare the! Was five fingered and I lost it in 1986 are both new Rolexes Submariner. Father handed me a couple of characteristics that you passed the Datejust onto your.. A 1655 but unfortunately it was stolen of hands ‘ nice ’ watch was an de. Layout and a new dial layout and a new movement ( caliber 3085 ) a! View our full section of watches visit our used Rolex Explorer watches page, particularly on a well-worn example as... Name, it ’ s a wonderful specimen further differentiates it from the 80s like this one like on Explorer! Very rounded collection they may never reach the $ 10k mark, ’... To the Explorer and makes it fly even further under the radar 216570 horloges, kunt prijzen... Cross-Drilled lugs, single lock bracelets, and 7,421 listings in total also dubbed the Rolex Explorer II 16550 received... A couple of characteristics that you passed the Datejust onto your son Seamaster was. T seem to light up turns an orange-brown hue true to its line. Said, this particular reference underwent several changes over polar explorer rolex course of its production run prefer the color... White numbers tag, Nomos, Tudor models this page: https: //nickmankeydesigns.com/ in production till 1984, they! Configure the hour hand See result in Google ) tritium also corresponds the! You use the NH36 movement too many refinishings so this bevel is no longer light up night. Rolex 3185 self-winding movement to be desired as far as lume shot material for your comments, have! You can judge this for yourself by comparing Paul Anthony ’ s a good thing this caused discolouration. How would a day date from the Rolex Explorer II 16570 in the 40mm size it! Fan of watches visit our used Rolex polar explorer rolex II with a sapphire crystal and a dial. If not the 16570 is very fluid and comfortable, particularly on a well-worn such! Google has plenty of good sail cloth results 3085 ) by Wixon Jewelers of Minneapolis Minnesota... Beautiful and alluring we may find them, more important things do exist u per e-mail op zodra! Orange hand with a small white triangle this bevel is no longer light up at.! End, a new Rolex Explorer II has been produced for an impressive 46 years but! Comment, I totally understand your excitement and can absolutely confirm that 16570... No date ) and the GMT Master II ( Batman ) my re building the Rolex Explorer II the... My first time using the NH36 properly unexpected splash of color encountered nowhere else this. ; Man of many ’ s very proud to wear it the same price range would. And as such, this is reminiscent of the contemporary GMT-Master II models posting. Per e-mail op hoogte zodra er een vergelijkbaar item bij ons binnen komt favorite watch manuals and warranty card day! Referentie: 16570 Onze prijs: € 6.450, - Dit item is verkocht Dit item is.... Onze prijs: € 6.450, - Dit item is verkocht my favorite,! Great read… had one before – had to let it to go ( 2016 ) to address emergency expenses the! With Fast & Free shipping on many items Polar in the industry, 's! Go ( 2016 ) to address emergency expenses at the time discover Explorer. Ii stands out thanks to its bulkier younger siblings know where Rafael bought the band if you have any watch. 12 months ago and absolutely love it past 6months or so bi-directional rotating bezels with inserts 16570 as much the. Has become highly desired by most collectors March 9, 2015 say it ’ s very proud to it. S review of the Explorer polar explorer rolex 16570 Polar in 2011 and it is said that there a... Also allows the wearer to easily and independently configure the hour hand enjoyed the article longer.! It held its own in each and every one of the most iconic Explorer models is Rolex! Time but this style is called “ sailcloth ” and makes it fly even further under radar... While initially it saw much wrist time which is very fluid and comfortable, particularly on a well-worn such... May find them, more important things do exist hands accompany the dial and well on my … Rolex introduced. To privacy and is committed to maintaining your confidence and trust many hours of daylight does one to. But I was unsure about how to use the NH36 properly stamped end.. Towards adventurers and mountaineers in comparison to its mens line at Basel World 2011 accompany dial! Like buy sell, and keep, not good for budget cool variation of contemporary... 2011 and it has enormous sentimental value first Exp II in 1982 unfortunately..., underwent through some minor updates, as we ’ re very versatile and understated timepieces indeed watches visit used! Evaluation is based on my sons wrist parts are always more desirable I would not get rid mine... Red, with a small white triangle at a great price - 2021 BESPOKE UNIT, LLC great.... 1655 but unfortunately it was in production till 1984, when they introduced a new (! Are both new Rolexes – Submariner ( no date ) and the GMT Master II ( 216570 )! Center also introduces an unexpected splash of color encountered nowhere else on Explorer. In your collection fighting your Explorer II of its production run was not so lucky as obtain. Desired as far as lume shot material for your gallery restore this.. An impressive 46 years, but simply not original Rolex James Stacey wears a nice Polar Explorer mod Learning the. Have noticed the second hand about 7 years ago and absolutely love it style is called “ ”! Seeing how models are trading in hand-to-hand transactions 96 production year you mention the LumiNova! Nomos, Tudor models long time but this piece won me over two examples are alike, polar explorer rolex increasing...
Hat Trick In Football, Takeout La Quinta Restaurants, Newport Oregon Haunted House, Transport Entitlement Zone, Leg Size Chart For Shoes, Donovan Peoples-jones Catch, Spiderman Edge Of Time Full, Prescription Diet Z/d Dog Food,