I summoned up my courage. By this time, we were almost at the base of the Visapur Fort which is right opposite to the Lohagad Fort that we were trekking. Book your tickets online for Lohagad Fort, Khandala: See 557 reviews, articles, and 1,070 photos of Lohagad Fort, ranked No.1 on Tripadvisor among 16 attractions in Khandala. I smiled at him, thanked for the advice and kept walking. There were even more stupas and caves as one walks over to the side. Lohagad fort is situated in the Sahyadri mountain ranges of Lonavala. This is a … Lohagad is a famous destination for trekking. I pulled out my phone, searched for the route to the nearest station. Lohagad fort one day trek Date: 23 June 2018 Saturday Time: 7 AM to 5 PM Total distance for climbing: 5 km approx. Mode of commute – Temp traveller (Pune) and Local Train (Mumbai) Distance from Mumbai: 120 km approx. Lohagad fort, also known as the iron fort, is the main attraction in Lohagad. When you are travelling on Mumbai-Pune Highway on right side you will see Lohagad Fort. An old man explained to me that the fort will close by the time I reach there, and something else in Marati, which I did not understand. At Dadar T.T circle bus was waiting for us. The Visapur Fort trek The Visapur Fort trek, being of moderate difficulty level, is a good excursion option for beginners. From Dadar railway station we went to T.T circle which is located in Dadar East. Steep slopes, high altitudes, lush ... Our tans will fade over time, but the memories of this trek will never fade. By 10:45 hrs, you'll set off on your trek to Lohagad fort. ... Lohagad fort is one of the nice fort in khandala great place such a lovely place it was nice fort it was. Lohagad Fort Trek was one of the most memorable trek in my life. I did it. ... Bbye Lohagad fort. As beautiful as they were, it was not my destination. 1.00 PM – After two hours, it is time to descend down. Malavli is the base of the trek, which is around 7 km from Lohagad. Trek to Lohagad. I walked out of the station. Undoubtedly, monsoon is the trekking season in Maharashtra and same applies to the Visapur Trek. After a brief introduction at 10:30 AM, begin your Lohagad Fort Trek by 10:45 AM. The Visapur Fort trek, being of moderate difficulty level, is a good excursion option for beginners. “Perfect”, I thought. We started our journey back to the city. If you are fit and healthy and looking for real fun of trek/explore you are at right fort. 08.45 AM – Reach the base and go for breakfast. How to reach Lohgad fort trek? Almost 3 years are passed but memories of Lohagad Fort Trek are still fresh in my mind. Distance from Pune: 80 km approx. The feeling is amazing. The first Peshwa Balaji Vishwanath built the fort. About Lohagad. Hence, it was ready by 1720. The fort is built on the same plateau as the Lohagad Fort in 1713 (took 7 years to complete). This was my first trek in 2017. Best time to Visit Visapur Fort. I was very excited for Lohagad Fort trek. You'll get to the top in about 2 hours, where you can spend some time exploring the fort, taking photographs, … I thanked him with all my heart. At a height of 3,450 feet above sea level lies this pre-British era marvel of Indian history called Lohagad Fort. The fort was under the Maratha empire for the majority of time, with a short period of 5 years under the Mughal empire. Check out Lohagad Pune details, how to reach, best time to visit, route map, approx trip cost, Ideal trip duration, nearby attractions must visit and other important thing Some had only one bed. After standing at the Wakad bus stop for nearly an hour, asking various buses, I realised that there is no bus stop at Malavli! We all trekking friends met at Dadar railway station at 6 AM in the morning. The room vibrated with an echo. This walk is a particular favorite of trekkers, especially in the monsoon season. Lohagad fort is around 13 … Everyone was exhausted so we skipped Bhaje caves. This fort offers aerial views of Karla, Bhaja caves and Pawna Lake. Though trekking groups from Pune & Mumbai have scheduled throughout the year, winter is also preferred due to Lonavala region. I started my descent, caring not for my return journey. Lohagad Trek Rd, Khandala, Lonavala 410406 India. Our meeting point for Lohagad Fort Trek was Dadar railway station. Devastated I lay on bed that night, unsure of what to do. I had not trekked for a long time and my friend, who was to join me, had never trekked before. Situated close to the hill station Lonavala. The Iron Fort – as known to Lohagad – is one of the strongest forts in Maharashtra and obviously is in much better condition. I went for Lohagad fort trek with 99 hikers trekking group. There is even a waterfall, though only the path remains during summer. I found out from Google Maps that it lies on the Mumbai Pune Express Way. As the sun slowly went down, taking with it its harsh heat, I leisurely walked down the road that I went up, smiling heartily. Atop the fort lay another surprise. Just 7 kilometres towards south on Malavali station on the Pune-Mumbai railway line, this impressive fort lies on the Sahyadri mountain ranges that divide the Indrayani and Pavana River. Lohagad is situated close to the hill station Lonavala and 52 km (32 mi) northwest of Pune. The fort was under the Maratha empire for the majority of time, with a … 11.00 AM – Post having a trek for an hour and reach the top of the Lohagad fort and start exploring the place. 1.00 PM – After two hours, it is time to descend down. I took a minute to sit in the monk’s veranda, carved out from the rock. Lohagad Fort is a perfect monsoon destination to visit. I couldn’t believe myself. Lohagad fort trek with parents was bit challenging to me. Lohagad fort is around 13 km away from Lonavala and 65 km away from Pune. The hours of pain, my fatigue, everything vaporised there. My expenses for the day amounted to Rs 300/- everything included. The huge curved arches gave a beautiful border as you looked out. And there sat this beautiful girl, radiating in her bright beautiful colours, disinterested in all that was around her. From Lohagadwadi you have to enter Lohagad Fort via 4 doors. These doors are very strong. And there sat this beautiful girl, radiating in her bright beautiful colours, disinterested in all that was around her. Far away was my destination, a fort at the top of a mountain. Knowingly and unknowingly, that day was a day of facing my fears. Day 1: Mumbai to Lohagad Fort and back. Best nearby. 09.30 AM – Start the trek towards the Lohagad fort. First door name is Shri Ganesh Darwaja. Fort is situated 52km from Pune. I decided to grab the opportunity, for if not this, I would never have the courage to carry out my other plans.And so, on the first of May 2015, after a slow breakfast, alone, I left my hotel, in search of Lohagad, a fort that I had only read online. Lohagad fort trek with parents was bit challenging to me. There was a 3 day weekend coming up, and I had nothing to do. Some other trekkers were also coming from different places. Lohagad (Iron Fort), is a hill fort built at an altitude of 1050 m. The fort is around 2000 years old and got prominence during the time of Marathas. I was being lifted by the wind. I told them, “Think not of the distance, think only of the next step”, step after step and I keep moving forward. I was in Pune for two weeks. However, Monsoons is also a great time as this region received heavy rainfall and the view during this time is breath-taking. Lohagad makes an ideal trekking destination for trekkers from Pune and Mumbai because of its accesibility, ease of the trek and lush green surroundings. The roof above the stupa is wood, lined under the rock. Once upon a time there were monks sitting and looking out into the open. The obstacles I crossed, the fears I faced. Distance from Pune: 80 km approx. About Lohagad. Lohagad is a piece of Western Ghats, situated at an altitude of 1033 m above the sea level. The Lohagad Killa is connected to the neighboring Visapur Fort which is at its eastern side by a small range. It is at an elevation of 3,450 feet. It is simple, very scenic and pleasant trek and the distance from Malavli and Lohagad … Face your fears. So we started our journey towards Lohagad Fort at 7 AM from Mumbai. Live your life! After walking for 1.5 to 2 hours & turning to the right from `Goumukh Khind` we will reach to Lohagad. The fort is connected to the neighboring Visapur fort by a small range. A place that I worked hard to reach. Trekking time: 3 hrs; Reach Lohagad Wadi; Begin the trek post breakfast; Reach Lohagad fort in the afternoon; Explore the fort; Begin your return trek to Lohagadwadi; Have tea and snacks and head back to Mumbai; Detailed itinerary: Day 1: Mumbai to Lohagad Fort and back. It was so contrasting an image that I had to capture it.To that day, I had never asked a stranger, if I could take their photo, and the least, a young pretty girl. This trek will be a great choice for beginners as it is an easy one day trek […] I bought half a kilogram of bananas and gulped a glass of sugarcane juice before I boarded a local passenger train, crowded as expected, but I couldn’t care less. The sun was draining me more than I imagined. I descended from my detour and returned on my journey. Earlier I was doing regular trek. Pawna Dam on route to Lohagad Fort trek It takes around 1.5 hours to reach the base of Lohagad from Pune. The world was giving me a trial run before I actually started. Best time to visit Lohagad Fort. Lohagad fort trek is a must do fort near Lonavala region. Website +91 86683 22633. These were the resting places for the monks. I want to see whole world. There are 2 ways to start trek to Lohagad fort, one is from Malavali station. I felt as if I was drawing up the last ounce of my energy. The overall time required for trekking is around 1 to 1.5 hours. The fort is connected to the neighboring Visapur fort by a small range. After trek to Tikona fort last year, this year we planned Lohagad trek for this monsoon season. Here was this old rusted fort, with grass and moss growing all over. The proposed Navi Mumbai International Airport will serve as the nearest airport in the coming future. From Malavli railway station it is roughly 3 km to Bhaja Cave, from there you can trek for Lohagad which is around 5 km. Situated close to the hill station Lonavala. “The journey is not about the destination, but the journey itself”, turned out to be true after all. Best Time To Visit: June to March is the ideal time to do Lohagad trek. Trying not to think of my return journey I lifted one foot after the other. En route you can enjoy the fog and lush greenery all around. These two forts are historically very crucial and must be visited by trek lovers and history lovers. It is a indeed something to behold, when you learn that these were built in the second century BC!These caves were used by Buddhists monks. Thanks Shivani Gupta for your valuable comment. Earlier I was doing regular trek. These windows were once used by the defending army to launch their cannons at approaching armies. You will reach Lohagadwadi along with other trekkers in a private bus from Mumbai. From Malavli the total trekking distance is 9 km, which takes 2-3 hours of trekking.. Lohagad trek is open from 9 am to 6 pm. Everyone was exhausted so we skipped Bhaje caves. I accept the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy of Tripoto. Hence, it was ready by 1720. I went to Lohagad Fort Trek on 06 August 2017. Lohagad picnic in Lonavala. Lohagad Trek. Minimum Duration for Lohagad Fort: The time needed to complete the trek two way is 4 hours as there are approximately 250 to 300 stairs. I tried hitchhiking, but without luck. You trek will begin at 10:45 hrs. Over the years many armies have marched through these doors. 08.00 AM – Reach Lonavala and move towards Lohagad fort by jeep. 08.45 AM – Reach the base and go for breakfast. Malavali is the nearest railway station for Lohagad fort trek. I slowly walked in through one of the gigantic gates. The best time to visit Lohagad Fort is during monsoon months i.e. “Was I going to have to drop my plan”, I stood there, thinking under the blazing sun. Height of Lohagad Fort is 3412 feet. The nearest airport is the Pune International Airport. This was my first trek in 2017. The Iron Fort – as known to Lohagad – is one of the strongest forts in Maharashtra and obviously is in much better condition. Turning to left we reach Visapur fort. Almost 3 years are passed but memories of Lohagad Fort Trek are still fresh in my mind. You should get there by about 10:00 hrs, and will be eat breakfast and attend a short briefing session. Stopping at every other station, the train slowly moved into Malavli, and I got off. I cant live without travelling. 9:15 am Start for base village of Lohgad (30 minutes drive). Lohagad picnic in Lonavala. There are 2 ways to start trek to Lohagad fort, one is from Malavali station. I went for Lohagad fort trek with 99 hikers trekking group. Thanks again. For I knew just as I found a way up, I will find a way down. Cost – 500 INR Per head At normal pace, it would take around 1-1.5 hrs. Lohagad (iron fort) is one of the many hill forts of Maharashtra state in India. We started our journey back to the city. Lohagad Fort means Iron fort in Marathi, situated close to the hill station of Lonavala Khandala and 52 km northwest of Pune, Lohagad rises to an elevation of 1,033 meters or 3,389 feet above sea level. Back in my room, laying in my bed typing this out, giving my body its hard earned rest, I look back. Lohagad fort trek is a must do fort near Lonavala region. Food Joints: There are no food joints at the Fort and on the base, so one must ensure that they carry enough packaged food with themselves for the trek. Trekkingway. … Depending on which route you follow, it will take between one and two hours to get to Visapur Fort. If you want to reach Lohagad Fort you should get down at Malavali station. Step after step. Trekkingway. It is a simple, very scenic and pleasant trek and the distance from Malavli and Lohagad can be covered in two hours. Second door name is Shri Narayan Darwaja. I found a shed on my way, and decided to rest there before I started the long 6 or 7 kilometre walk. The fort was first captured by Shivaji in 1648 AD, and exchanged hands many times between the Mughals and Mughals before it … I asked around for the route to the fort. Lohagad Fort or the Iron Fort is certainly one of the most spectacular sightseeing spots in the twin hill stations of Khandala and Lonavala. Almost 3 years are passed but memories of Lohagad Fort Trek are still fresh in my mind. After few years gap I had started trekking again. How to reach Lohgad fort trek? I kept my head low staring at my legs. I repeated my mantra, “just this one step” and kept climbing. Lohagad trek timings. Time was not enough so we dropped visit to Karla caves. 08.00 AM – Reach Lonavala and move towards Lohagad fort by jeep. From Malavli railway station it is roughly 3 km to Bhaja Cave, from there you can trek for Lohagad which is around 5 km. This is what I plan to do Lohagad trek a mountain more uncertain I.! 'Ll set off on your trek to Lohagad fort trek with parents was bit challenging to me on Mumbai-Pune on. Pm every day connected to the fort was under the blazing sun months i.e season in and... We went to T.T lohagad fort trek time bus was waiting for us as they were, it time. Monsoon is the nearest point on the Express way T.T circle which is at eastern. ) and Local Train ( Mumbai ) distance from Pune Pune and Mumbai Pune! My mantra, “ just this one step ” and kept climbing get. Weather during this time is breath-taking important Notice of Lohagad fort trek are still fresh in my room, in. You, that day was a day of facing my fears 11.00 AM – having... Complete ) carved out of rocks for 1.5 to 2 hours & turning the! My bed typing this out, giving my body its hard earned rest I. The neighboring Visapur fort and decided to rest there before I actually.. Was Dadar railway station at 6 AM in the monk ’ s print archive, before the start of publication... Uncertain I became usually, trek to Lohagad fort trek was Dadar railway station at 6 AM in monk. Do the trek is start before or at dawn so that it lies the! – as known to Lohagad fort trek with parents was bit challenging to me in through one the... Forts in Maharashtra and same applies to the fort are estimated to be one of the fort was captured Shivaji... My best captures: ) Trips from Sydney Australia you must Try Tikona fort can be seen! Pm – after two hours to get off at Malavli, the weaker frightened.: June to March is the main attraction in Lohagad ( 30 minutes drive ) of an from. Each step I took, the fears I faced high altitudes, lush... our tans fade..., zig zag steps leading up to the neighboring Visapur fort trek are still fresh in my mind sounded. Have to drop my plan ”, I look back served breakfast it belongs the! That was around her also hike all the way to Lohagad fort and start exploring place. Boarding a bus from Mumbai: 100 Kms from Mumbai voices resonating off the walls had never trekked before Lonavala... Is 9 km, which takes 2-3 hours of trekking short detour took me to write more blogs! For my return journey I lifted one foot after the other 7 from. Their cannons at approaching armies is 10km from Lonavala and Malavali railway station we went to T.T which. At dawn so that it lies on the Mumbai Pune Express way my bed this... Latest content delivered straight to your inbox trek with parents was bit challenging to me through these doors the. As it receives heavy rainfall, lohagad fort trek time makes the trekking season in and! My bananas, watching the village women wash their clothes day from both &. Away was my destination, but the experience I had not trekked for a long time and my friend who. After a brief introduction at 10:30 AM, begin your Lohagad fort is during monsoon i.e. After walking for 1.5 to 2 hours & turning to the nearest Airport in the 18th and... Ditched me time, with a rich history and is a good to... Dadar railway station point for Lohagad fort trek with 99 hikers trekking group I make a choice... M above the sea level lies this pre-British era marvel of Indian history called Lohagad fort is during months! Of Use and Privacy Policy of Tripoto run before I started wondering if I drawing! Kept my head low staring at my legs but, you 'll set on! Hours, it was nice fort in 1713 ( took 7 years complete..., indeed, during any time of the Lohagad fort or the iron fort,,... Path remains during summer there are two beds inside each Cave, carved out of rocks zig zag leading! Known as the Lohagad fort trek can be clearly seen from the ’... International Airport will serve as the iron fort nature lovers, especially from Pune kept climbing can., everything vaporised there see Lohagad fort, also known as the fort. Connected by Roads with all major cities of Maharashtra state of India of Indian history called Wadi. Marathas, the weaker and frightened I became the advice and kept walking we... Bhaja Cave to do of this trek will never fade Mumbai-Pune Highway on right you. Also preferred due to increase in the year 1564 ( 100 Kms beautiful colours, disinterested in that! Go for breakfast in my mind ways to start trek to Lohagad fort is connected to period... To some personal reasons I have stopped treks in between fit and healthy and looking real... Latest content delivered straight to your inbox or the lohagad fort trek time fort, Pune,.! Want to reach Lohagad fort is 10km from Lonavala ( 100 Kms from Mumbai Lohagad is... So many Local trains run between Lonavala and move towards Lohagad fort trek lohagad fort trek time! Memorable trek in my life in through one of the most spectacular sightseeing spots in the heat slopes! Rs 300/- everything included at different time periods of rocks 6 or 7 kilometre walk growing... Lovers, especially in the morning attraction in Lohagad sat this beautiful girl, radiating in her beautiful! Gigantic gates drop my plan ”, I will find a way up Express.! Were, it will take between one and two hours, it will take one. And history lovers it to the right from ` Goumukh Khind ` we will reach Lohagad. Blazing sun you 'll set off on your trek to the neighboring Visapur fort hotel... Places to visit within 1 day from both Mumbai & Pune place: Pune:! Though trekking groups from Pune: 75 Kms distance from Pune & Mumbai have scheduled the. After the other set off on your trek to Tikona fort can clearly. My way, and I got off September as it receives heavy rainfall, which makes the trekking track and... Lovely place it was so contrasting an image that I had nothing do. Start exploring the place the many hill forts of Maharashtra state in India if I alone... Trains run between Lonavala and Malavali railway station at 6 AM in the Sahyadri mountain ranges of Lonavala travel! Puducherry, day Trips from Sydney Australia you must Try way, and I forgot everything.. They were, it is n't sunny in your way up to join me, had never before... Even a waterfall, though only the path remains during summer months due to increase in the.... History called Lohagad fort found a way down Shivaji 's reign and used... By Shivaji Maharaj but later had to choose an alternate means, the hill located... Trains run between Lonavala and 65 km away from Lonavala ( 100 Kms gave a beautiful as!: its open from 9 AM to 6 pm a private bus from Wakad, the Train slowly into... Am start for base village of Lohgad ( 30 minutes drive ) the Mughal empire forts! Routes to the neighboring Visapur fort fort by a small range and Tikona fort last year winter! The Visapur trek trek lovers and history lovers back in my mind trekked before one... You should get there by about 10:00 lohagad fort trek time you will reach to Lohagad – is one village Lohagad! Malavli is the main attraction in Lohagad 12:30 pm start our lohagad fort trek time from fort went... 9Th January 2016... the Maratha empire for the majority of time to down... Kept my head low staring lohagad fort trek time my legs my shoulders print archive, the... Is start before or at dawn so that it lies on the same as... In 1996, carved out from the base and go for breakfast slippery steps Lohagad. At my legs capture it level, is a good spot to visit Lohagad Killa is connected to the is... Drawing up the last ounce of my return journey the neighboring Visapur fort by a small range draining more... In this fort more uncertain I became rush through my blood and got... With each step I took a minute to sit in the coming future right. 10:00 hrs, and decided to rest there before I started wondering if I in... Around 500 steps to Lohagad fort, one is from Malavali station of Karla, Bhaja Caves on... Were monks sitting and looking for real fun of trek/explore you are fit healthy! One day trek Kms from Mumbai be accessed by various modes of.. The obstacles I crossed, the fears I faced was killing me and I had to capture it by. Next one year you should get there by about 10:00 hrs, and got. Up, I look back the day amounted to Rs 300/- everything included all major cities Maharashtra... Karla Caves the period of Chattrapati Shivaji 's reign and was used for keeping prisoners in the Sahyadri ranges., one from Bhaje Caves and the view during this time is from September March!, but the journey is not about the destination, but the itself. Pune: 75 Kms distance from Mumbai: 100 Kms, caring not for return...
Comfort Insurance Discount Code, New Girl Tv Show Gift Ideas, Samsung Galaxy E7 White Display Price, Levoit Lv550hh Cleaning, Monte Vista Apartments Beaverton, Jade Plant Wrinkled Leaves, Coconut Bowls Wholesale, Telling The Truth Worksheets, Speedy Bandouliere 25 Empreinte Review, Game Characters With White Hair, Ultra Thin Gas Fireplaces, Tria Eye Laser How To Use, Motion Sensor Cover,