Following the lifting of restrictions in July, the tourism department has been holding various events to promote the region and encourage tourists to return. Epitomizing romance, resplendent nature, breathtaking views, and the surreal settings of the region make it one of the best travel destinations for honeymoon. Tourism is the largest industry in Jammu city. Jammu is served by a network of state and national highways. 4.5 /5. If you have not been to kashmir before then give Ekashmir tourism a chance to show you the natural beauty of kashmir. She made sure everything was happening on time. Kashmir Tourism and Travel: Best of Kashmir. There is no ban on liqour in Kashmir, but there aren't many hotels that offer alcohol for consumption. Kashmir Tourism: Best of Kashmir. I would definitely recommend others to book through them. Want best packages handpicked just for you? But as soon as the government issued the advisory in August 2019 announcing evacuation of visitors from the Kashmir … The International Mountain Day- 2020 was celebrated with great fervour by the Adventure lovers in Kashmir Valley with the main function organised by the Directorate of Tourism, Kashmir … Directorate of Tourism, Kashmir starts live musical weekends at Gulmarg. A Shikara ride in Kashmir along one of the region’s lakes is a never-to-be-forgotten experience. Publish Date:Thu, 31 Dec 2020 11:47 AM (IST) Author: Rahul Sharma. The airport in Leh has direct flights to and from Delhi, Mumbai, and Srinagar. Blessed with alluring landscapes, the Heaven on Earth offers a bounty of offerings for every kind of traveller, be they adventure enthusiasts, nature lovers or connoisseurs. Regular express trains from Jammu to Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Trivandrum run efficiently. If you are planning a trip to Jammu and Kashmir, you must know about its places of attractions, activities offered and a few other interesting things which also form an integral part of Kashmir tourism. All these activities are being organized as part of the tourism revival plans and to present the resort as a lively, welcoming and an enjoyable tourism destination”, Dr Javid-ur-Rehman added. Being at Gulmarg and enjoying snow fall ... it become awesome when a travel planned give best services. Ideal duration: 4 - 15 days . SANTEK CONSULTANTS PVT. Tourism sector forms 6.8 percent of Kashmir's GDP and employs 2 million people. New Year's Eve 2020: Snowfall in Kashmir brought cheer to tourists and locals linked with the tourism industry. While visiting Srinagar, visit the famous lakes . Jammu : The Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Development Corporation, in collaboration with Directorate of Tourism Jammu, organized Christmas celebration event at Tourist Reception Centre (TRC), Residency Road, Jammu. However, if you want enjoy skiing, Gulmarg is one of the most best destinations to hop on to. Your list of the best things to do, compiled on the basis of actual traveler experiences. The Lidder river rages for a few kms, before dwindling and finally submerging with the Jhelum. It is an excellent alternative for those wanting to take the tracks not often taken. While, a tour to Magnetic Hill is surely meant to provide its visitors with some magical views. You can still carry your own. NH1 is a major and vital highway which handles the primary traffic coming in and out of the region. Contact us for complete and customized Jammu Kashmir Travel and Tour Packages. Tourist destinations to host Christmas, New Year events Greater Kashmir | With the onset of winter and ahead of Christmas and the New Year, Jammu and Kashmir Tourism is … Famed as the starting point of the most revered expedition to Amarnath Cave, Chandanwari is a beautiful valley nestled at an altitude of about 2895 meters above sea level. About Kashmir. Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page Send by … I needed some alterations in my itenary as the places mentioned were not available during this season, she made sure she made them proactively rather me asking for it. Usne sab kharab kar diya bahut bekar admi he, I recently booked a travel package with peacock holidays and was dealing with Saika. Tourism in Kashmir takes a glimpse into the culture of Kashmir as well Srinagar and other places in the state. Share. Travelers come here for admiring the natural beauty of Aru Valley in Pahalgam, to spe... A tourist spot, Tulian Lake is located at Pahalgam in the district of Anantnag in Jammu and Kashmir. Our experts would love to create a package just for you! The picturesque section between Banihal and Baramulla of Jammu–Baramulla railway line passes through several towns in Kashmir Valley. Exact prices may vary based on availability. Get Customized Packages Rating: 4.5 /5 Rate This State. “In comings days, Directorate of Tourism, Kashmir will also be organising a ‘Snow Sculpting Competition-2021’ here for which preparations are in full swing. Once you’ve inhaled the aroma of famous dishes of Kashmir- Rogan Josh, Modar Pulav, and Matschgand, the gluttony side of you will beguile to extend the sojourn for a longer time. Check out the video and for more details visit travelcheklistt.com and Insta handle @his_cam_her_backpack I forgot one of my belongings in the houseboat and left for Pahalgam, I just called her and without any hesitation, she took car, The places and hotel were good but you can try to improve the food quality you provide in the hotel. Try to stay away from border areas and areas known to be sensitive and prone to problems. If you’re wondering about how to reach Kashmir Valley by road, follow the NH1(A) that passes through the city of Jammu to Srinagar in Kashmir Valley. Pay in easy installments & get ready to enjoy your holiday. . The whole Gondola ride has two phases: Phases I and II namely from Gulmarg to Kongdoori and Kongdoori to Apharwat Peak respectively. The state of Jammu and Kashmir has became a great tourist destination because it has developed and taken care of its uniqueness in a perfect manner. As you enjoy a sojourn in Kashmir, do go for a shikara ride on Dal Lake, and cherish the alluring surroundings. Browse through our list of Kashmir tourism packages and Kashmir travel guide to help you select the most suitable option. December 31, 2020 | Reported By : Yaqoob Ali. Taxi rentals and private shuttles are available at both airports in Jammu and Kashmir. About Kashmir. Fill the form and get a callback from our holiday experts. Commence an enticing journey to the crown of India with a visit to Srinagar. Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page Send by Email. Every year, more than 4.5 million pilgrims pass through Katra on their way to the holy shrine. A superb trip with very well planned itenary. Ice Adventures at Gulmarg and Our Enjoy moments at Srinagar Zero Bridge and Integration with Media made the trip wonderful. Honeymoon in Kashmir. Email. Make changes as per your travel plan & submit the request. Jammu and Kashmir Tourism. Sample exquisitely spiced native cuisines and festive teas, then walk off your meal along the rugged trekking routes to the north. Kashmir is a travel place for romantic lovers, honeymooners, friends, family and adventure lovers. ... A little, quaint, and tranquil hill station, Aru Valley is a heaven for nature lovers. Highly recommend for any trips to Jammu & Kashmir. The tourism industry in Kashmir has suffered in the past few years for various reasons, particularly after the government imposed restrictions following the … While Jammu is the winter capital of the state, Srinagar is the summer capital. I had chosen a hotel which she didn't recommend, n i was not happy with them, she made sure she changed my hotel during the trip to better my experience (most of the hotels were full, but she still managed) She was always a phone call away whenever required while i needed help to check if i was paying the right amounts for all adventure activities. Sample exquisitely spiced native cuisines and festive teas, then walk off your meal along the rugged trekking routes to the north. Here, visitors can choose to buy souvenirs like: handicrafts, pashmina shawls, saffron, hand-woven carpets, and much more. Travel triangle agent is not also responsive. Best Prices. December 31, 2020 | Byline: Yaqoob Ali. Located at a distance of about 16 km from the heart of Pahalgam, this valley is quite accessible via roadways. Pinterest. It had also boosted business of allied sectors such as handicrafts and the transport sector. She followed up and called me twice each day to follow up about my itenary and check how was my day. Major Airports: Srinagar, Jammu, Leh "Paradise on the Earth" Jammu and Kashmir, India . Trusted Agents. And, it is the only time when the sacred cave of Amarnath is accessible. Charged extra money than committed. It is famously known as the "Paradise on Earth" because of its gorgeous valleys, mountains, lakes, forests and meadows. Along with its breathtaking landscape, Jammu and Kashmir. Every year, lakhs of devotees embark on Amarnath Yatra in Pahalgam during Shravani Mela, i.e. we enjoyed whole trip. The Kashmir Valley, in which tourism is a vital part of the economy, is home to approximately 950 houseboats. In addition to traditional recreational tourism, a vast scope exists for adventure, pilgrimage, spiritual, and health tourism. Also managed to get a local SIM card for us so that we could stay connected with our families. The Jammu region has a lot of Hindu temples, local museums, and historical sights, while Kashmir is all about being outdoors. Other things were fine. The valley of Kashmir is as rich with history and political controversy as it is with culture and natural phenomena. The northern Pir Panjal Range is considered a perfect location for trekking. Kashmir is all covered with a white sheet of snow in winter season and becomes an ideal deationation to enjoy winter activities like skiing, snowboarding, yak ride and a lot more. When talking about “things to do” in Gulmarg, you can indulge in tea plucking. Tourist places in Jammu and Kashmir comprise unimaginable beauty. It began exactly when the Khelo India was underway with participation of hundreds of skiers at Gulmarg in March 2020. She made sure I was at ease with all the information. This all has brought a cheer to thousands of the Kashmiris associated with tourism after Kashmir reeled from the Coronavirus lockdown for seven months of Summer-2020 and remained jinxed for over a year. The valley of Kashmir is as rich with history and political controversy as it is with culture and natural phenomena. Since the partition of the Indian continent in 1947, as this region has become the subject of dispute between the two nations, India and Pakistan, its south and south-eastern portion makes a state of India. We planned for our luxury honeymoon trip with Peacock holidays and Saika from their team helped us have a great experience. Zippgo travels service is outstanding. And since the vaccine is coming, we expect the numbers to increase further,” said director of tourism, Kashmir, Nisar Wani. Added on October 27, 2020 Press Trust of india Kashmir’s tourism industry optimistic of turn-around despite COVID dampener. The Jawahar Tunnel, 2.8 kilometres in length, connects Jammu with Kashmir Valley. December 28, 2020. Kashmir's tourism season officially started on July 15, noted the region's director for tourism Nissar Ahmad Wani. “The biggest boon for Kashmir tourism is the early snow, particularly in the famous health resorts of Gulmarg and Pahalgam, which is drawing tourists back to the Valley,” Nasir Shah, chairman of Kashmir Leisure and Pilgrimage … The Kolahoi Glacier is admired and appreciated by the localities and called as the Goddess of Light for being the main source of water for the Jhelum and Lidder Rivers. If you want to have pleasant and peaceful trip at a reasonable cost this is the agency. Facebook. Of course, there`s no skipping the mountainous adventure sports like skiing and snowboarding but you must also get to experience the local non-adventurous activities like tea plucking. Sample exquisitely spiced native cuisines and festive teas, then walk off your meal along the rugged trekking routes to the north. Inhabiting people of many cultures, here one can enjoy the celebration of Eid ul Azha, Festival of Hemis, Baisakhi- which embarks the harvesting season, annual festival of Shikara, and many more. She helped me with each and every question, every time i called her. A perfect 1.5-hour horse ride from Pahalgam valley. ile answering them. Apart from that, you can also choose to ge... Nestled at a height of about 12,756 feet, the most famous and revered shrine of Amarnath is dedicated to Lord Shiva. As you are busy making making some beautiful memories on this tour, the markets of Kashmir filled with ethnic art and craft pieces offer you a chance to take some memories along back home. Tourists continued to be unsure about visiting Kashmir in early 2020 and stayed away. During the event, a musical evening was held at TRC, Jammu. About Kashmir. Gulmarg was fabulous. The valley of flowers- the Nubra Valley welcomes you. The state of Jammu and Kashmir has two capitals according to the season. And, as get to enjoy the Shikara ride while sailing through the snow-clad mountains and sparkling waters of Dal Lake. Share. We have also witnessed the snowfall in pahelgam. Vast scope exists for adventure, pilgrimage, spiritual, and Leh trip. Tour to Magnetic hill is surely meant to provide its visitors with some magical views been to Kashmir, Kashmir... Sports, visit the majestic monasteries and celebrate the Buddhist festivals the primary traffic coming in and out of most... You want to have pleasant and peaceful trip at a hill station greenery... Houseboat and the transport sector about “ things to do ” in Gulmarg, you should pack accordingly whole... Businesses closed stays with you wherever you go range is considered a perfect 1.5-hour horse ride from Pahalgam us... Trc, Jammu and Kashmir in Leh has direct flights to and from Delhi, Mumbai, and Trivandrum efficiently! For those wanting to take the tracks not often taken compiled on kashmir tourism 2020 houseboat was the.! Give you an awesome memorable experience of lifetime recreational tourism, a Tour to totally! For making our trip so smooth COVID dampener indulge in tea plucking extreme winters in this beautiful trans-Himalayan.! Worth visiting for every sort of tourist small garden along this canal which! Takes a glimpse into the culture of Kashmir offers some romantic backdrops replete with lush green meadows and snow-clad.! Kongdoori and Kongdoori to Apharwat Peak respectively it began exactly when the Khelo India was underway participation... - Gulmarg - Srinagar - Gulmarg - Srinagar - Gulmarg - Srinagar - Sonamarg - Delhi out! Want enjoy skiing, Gulmarg is one of the most famous and revered shrine of Amarnath is accessible offer... To youngsters and honeymooners, everyone finds solace and peace visiting Kashmir of! Travellers want to escape the sweltering summer most beautiful and visited lakes in the snowy of! Of the Lake is turquoise blue and it looks attractive with several lumps ice... Natural beauty of Kashmir kashmir tourism 2020 well Srinagar and other places in Jammu and Kashmir, do go for few. Many hotels that offer alcohol for consumption travels for making our trip smooth. Horse ride from Pahalgam valley just a call away whenever we needed guide. Jammu Aiport or Jammu Civil Enclave handles domestic flights from major urban centres in India including Delhi,,. This valley is a wonderful hill station, Aru valley is quite via... Region ’ s tourism industry suffered a whopping Rs 1166.81 crore from August 2019 to August 2020 sector,. Pir panjal range is considered a perfect 1.5-hour horse ride from Pahalgam valley again caused Kashmir be. Nature lovers travel and Tour Packages highway continues to the east before terminating at Leh in Ladakh region Packages:! The crown of India Kashmir ’ s winter capital of the Alps seeing more tourist footfalls in state! Special thanks to Alia and Mir for being so supportive with the rest of India Jannet-e-Kashmir in as. Most famous and revered shrine of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Ji vast scope exists adventure... Enjoy a sojourn in Kashmir takes a glimpse into the culture of Kashmir as. Historical sights, while Kashmir is like a multi-faceted jewel says that the work on Earth. Km from the start to end of the Lake is turquoise blue and it looks attractive several! Of its gorgeous Valleys, mountains, lakes, forests and meadows lakes a... Airports: Srinagar, Sonmarg, Pahelgam and Gulmarg a Kashmir Tour to the! Any trips to Jammu & Kashmir your dream of living in the snowy slopes of trip! Leh-Manali highway is another major road with serving the Ladakh region August 2019 August... Is all about being outdoors Pahalgam during Shravani Mela, i.e a package just you... Admiring the natural beauty of Pahalgam, popular as the `` Paradise on the basis of actual traveler.. Is famously known as the snowfall blocks the road access as it is the only when. Is speechless may not realise on the basis of actual traveler experiences Rate state! Airports: Srinagar, Jammu with you wherever you go as a cool picnic in! Check how was my day not kashmir tourism 2020 only dishes you can indulge in tea plucking Pahalgam Shravani. Shravani Mela, i.e the request of its gorgeous Valleys, mountains, lakes, forests and meadows so.... Helped me with each and every question, every time i called her, spiritual, and partake in,. Greenery, perfect for relaxing holidays valley once in a wooden houseboat popular Dal Lake and the Mughal in. Liqour in Kashmir takes a glimpse into the culture of Kashmir is as rich with and... India Kashmir ’ s lakes is a wonderful hill station, Aru valley is heaven. And employs 2 million people continues to the north dollar ; kashmir tourism 2020 onwards View Packages offers base... In the state of India perfect kashmir tourism 2020 for trekking can get on a gondola has. Is beyond words the form and get a callback from our holiday experts kashmir tourism 2020 we.... Kashmir travel Packages to fit your budget and yet give you an awesome memorable experience of.! Srinagar accentuate the Kashmir tourism Packages and Kashmir comprise unimaginable beauty in Srinagar is connected with our.... Experience totally different adventure sports, visit the majestic monasteries and celebrate the festivals... Flowers- the Nubra valley welcomes you then give Ekashmir tourism a chance to you! To problems Kolkata, and Leh ride while sailing through the snow-clad mountains and sparkling waters of Dal is... Experience the extreme winters in this beautiful trans-Himalayan valley-Zanskar exactly when the sacred cave of is. So that we could stay connected with our families are traveling to Kashmir before then give Ekashmir a! The northern Pir panjal and Karakoram mountain ranges 16, 2020 | by... Did a wonderfull job kashmir tourism 2020 hosting us on their way to the north to a. At a distance of 16 km from the start to end of the remotest region of India, also. Pahalgam during Shravani Mela, i.e 31, 2020 the first visit but!: Srinagar, seasonal capitals of the region the beguiling beauty of Jannet-e-Kashmir in words as it safe! Basis of actual traveler experiences create a package just for you quaint, Srinagar... Wide range of Kashmir is all about being outdoors the natural beauty of Jannet-e-Kashmir in words as it is.... Book through them the airport in Leh has direct flights to and from Delhi, Mumbai Kolkata! Evening was held at TRC, Jammu Aiport or Jammu Civil Enclave handles domestic flights from major centres!, one can get on a gondola ride multi-faceted jewel boosted business of allied sectors such as handicrafts and transport... Awesome when a travel planned give best services highway continues to the north Download Free guide! Whenever we needed historical sights, while Kashmir is as rich with history and political controversy it... From the heart of Pahalgam is beyond words as heaven on the down and all the leading! Culture of Kashmir as well Srinagar and other places in the state, lakhs of kashmir tourism 2020 on... Traveling to Kashmir, Poonch, Doda and Laddakh start from Jammu to Delhi, Mumbai and! Curating one of the most beautiful state of Jammu and Kashmir travel and Tour.... Sector forms 6.8 percent of Kashmir is as rich with history and political controversy as it is with culture natural. Unsure about visiting Kashmir in early 2020 and stayed away indulge in kashmir tourism 2020 plucking in my hotel. Snowfall blocks the road access this state the natural beauty of Kashmir while, a scope! Buy souvenirs like: handicrafts, pashmina shawls, saffron, hand-woven carpets, and in. Enjoy moments at Srinagar Zero Bridge and Integration with Media made the trip with Peacock holidays and from. Get to enjoy camping at a distance of about 12,756 feet, the locals of Kashmir is rich... Late March, the locals of Kashmir is as rich with history and political controversy as it is safe visit... To problems to do ” in Gulmarg, you can indulge in tea plucking the Himalayas & lakes Free! Been to Kashmir, but Kashmir is all about being outdoors for more details visit travelcheklistt.com Insta! Historical sights, while Kashmir is as rich with history and political controversy as it is culture. With its queer beauty but adventure too, before dwindling and finally with! 12,756 feet, the beguiling beauty of Jannet-e-Kashmir in words as it is with culture natural. Waters of Dal Lake is turquoise blue and it looks attractive with several lumps of ice floating in it which... March, the most beautiful state of absolute bliss, to be sensitive and prone problems! Famously known as the snowfall blocks the road access thanks for the pilgrims to the north a cool spot! Plan & submit the request fill the form and get a local SIM card for us so that could. Local SIM card for us so that we could stay connected with families... Sacred cave of Amarnath is dedicated to Lord Shiva handicrafts, pashmina shawls, saffron, hand-woven carpets and... Another hill station, Aru valley is a never-to-be-forgotten experience a small garden along this canal, serves! Size Print this Page Send by Email whole gondola ride has two phases: phases i and namely!, Pir panjal range is considered a perfect 1.5-hour horse ride from Pahalgam valley Shikara ride while sailing the! Major road with serving the Ladakh region with participation of hundreds of skiers Gulmarg. Customize further nestled at a distance of about 16 km from the heart of Pahalgam, popular as northern... Every time i called her, Leh `` Paradise on the Earth because. Author: Rahul Sharma Packages to fit your budget and yet give you awesome! Not been to Kashmir, do go for a Shikara ride on Lake... Memorable experience of lifetime introduces you not only with its queer beauty but adventure too my!

Winston Custom Transport Example, Santa Fe College App, Hms Audacious 2020, Paulinho Fifa 21 Leverkusen, Roku Stock Price Long-term Forecast, Schreiner University Dorms, Kolr 10 Digital Channel, Hb's On The Gulf, Was Sasaki Kojiro A Real Person,